Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's new

Yeah, I stink at coming up with subjects. Anyways, We've been doing things a lot more casually lately. We haven't even opened up the textbook in weeks. Instead we've been doing things our way which I really like because it means I am getting more comfortable with homeschooling and learning what works best for us. Deacon does a definition and sentence, spelling practice, journal and penmanship, math, and reading(which implements history and geography) everyday. We play games on some days, either memory games or other educational games, or something on the XBOX 360 like Lego Indiana Jones or Band Hero. He also likes to do his own thing, like hole himself up in his room with his TV and DS, but I guess that isn't too surprising considering we didn't have cable for a good two years. His brothers get on his nerves and I know he wants to yell "Get out of my room!", but he doesn't. He's usually a pretty patient brother. Since things aren't as hectic and we've gotten into a good routine I can't think of anything else to say and updates may come less often. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment